Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P WiFi router is the best device for streaming and gaming, all thanks to its beamforming technology and MU-MIMO. In case you are in the quest for a high-performance router, R7000P is the device you should consider. However, to start using the internet without any interruption, you have to get your Nighthawk AC2300 router up and running, and make it secure. Here's how to get the job done.
Set up Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P Router
To perform the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 setup in a hassle-free manner, consider the instructions mentioned underneath:
1. Unpack your Nighthawk R7000P router without damaging any of its accessories.
2. Remove the antenna caps from the back side of your Nighthawk router.
3. Connect the antennas to your Netgear AC2300 router.
4. Put the power adapter of your router into a wall socket.
5. Let the router's Power LED be clearly visible.
6. Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P router to the modem.
7. Now, turn on your computer.
8. Connect it to a reliable and steady WiFi network.
9. Using a web browser, navigate to the routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com web-based page.
10. Entering the admin user ID and password and hitting the Log In button will take you to the Nighthawk router setup page.
11 Here, you will see the genie smart wizard. It provides you the on-screen instructions to set up your Netgear Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 router.
12. Follow the displayed installation instructions carefully.
Done! Your Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 router is now up and running. Connect all your WiFi-enabled devices like PCs, laptops, smartphones, and tablets to enjoy an uninterrupted internet connection.
Secure Your Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P Router
Though the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 R7000P WiFi router has a preset default admin password, it is recommended to change it during the setup process. Set a unique password for your router that should be hard to guess for others but easy to remember for you. Also, keep in mind to add special characters to your password. Here's how to change the security settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router:
1. Log in to your AC2300 R7000P router using the default admin credentials.
2. After logging in, head over to the Admin Account Settings section.
3. Enter the new password you want to keep.
4. Confirm the new password by entering it again in the given field.
5. Select security questions and provide answers to them.
6. Click on the Next button.
7. Also, select whether or not to download router apps.
8. Hit the Next button.
9. The router will now check for a new firmware version. In the event that the new firmware is available, download it right away. Otherwise, click on the Ok button.
10. Don't forget to enable guest access. Setting up a guest network allows visitors in your home to use your internet without having access to other connected devices.
Thus, you can secure your Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 router. If you stuck at any step, contact us via the comments section and get prompt router troubleshooting tips.