How to Fix Outlook Keeps Not Responding Issue?
Sometimes users face Outlook keeps not responding error. They must try the following steps:
- Close Outlook and restart it to see if the issue resolves.
- If restarting Outlook doesn’t help, repair the Outlook installation. Go to Control Panel, click on Programs and Features, select Microsoft Office, and click on Change. Select Repair, and follow the instructions.
- Some add-ins can cause Outlook to stop responding. To disable add-ins, go to File, click on Options, select Add-ins, and choose Manage: COM Add-ins. Uncheck the add-ins you want to disable and click OK.
- The preview pane can also cause Outlook to stop responding. To disable it, go to View and uncheck Preview Pane.
- Clearing the cache may resolve the issue. Go to File, click on Options, select Advanced, and click on the Empty Cache button.
- Hardware acceleration can also cause Outlook to stop responding. Go to File, click on Options, select Advanced, and uncheck Use hardware graphics acceleration.
- If the above steps do not work, try updating Outlook to the latest version.
- If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you may need to reinstall Outlook.