Learn a Profession

Best Online Schools for Accounting

Accounting is a great degree for single moms. Here are links and information to help you find the best online program that's right for you.
Accounting may be the best of all degrees for single moms. According to editors who help me write my paper, many times, accounting work can be done from home and, as long as there are taxes, businesses will need accountants. Also, if you don’t end up becoming an accountant or CPA, the accounting will make a good base for continuing your education. For example, you could get a degree in accounting and then get a law degree. Additionally, an accounting background will help you if you start your own business.

After my first divorce, I studied accounting for three years as an undergraduate at Cal State University, Long Beach. It is not an easy subject, but I ended up learning most of it on my own (through my textbooks) because I had professors with limited English. This is why I know that a dedicated student can learn accounting on her own through online classes.

Before signing up for any online college, make sure it has the proper accreditation.

Accountants Get Jobs

According to the 2020 article “Accounting and Business Majors Score Jobs” at businessweek.com, “Students who majored in accounting, business, computer science, engineering, and social sciences fared best…Accounting majors topped the list with 47 percent of respondents securing a job offer by graduation.”

Businessweek.com was referring to all accounting graduates, not online graduates, but it tells an important story. Businesses need accountants.

Accredited Business Schools

Before signing up for any college’s advanced accounting program, make sure it is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). If the college is not accredited by AACSB, find out if your state’s board of accountancy recognizes its accreditation.

If you are looking for an AACSB accredited school, your best choice may be Stetson University – Online. They offer a Master’s of Accountancy online program. You will need to complete your undergraduate degree beforehand. To find other schools with AACSB accreditation, see the list of Schools Accredited in Accounting - Ordered by Name.
Also, when I need help with my writing assignments I can pay someone to write my paper cheap.

Undergraduate Accounting Degrees Online

According to the US News University Directory, good accredited online undergraduate accounting schools include:

• Grand Canyon University – BS Accounting
  • Benedictine University – Bachelor of Management in Accounting
  • New England College of Business and Finance – BS Business Administration, Accounting
  • Capella University – BS Accounting
  • Liberty University Online – BS Accounting
  • Walden University – BS Accounting
  • Regis University, College for Professional Studies – BS Accounting
  • Kaplan University – BS Accounting
  • Strayer University – BS Accounting
  • Western Governor’s University – BS Accounting
  • Regent University – BS Accounting
  • Baker College Online – BBA Accounting
  • Florida Tech University Online – BA Accounting

Your State Board of Accountancy

Before signing up, you should search or contact your state’s Board of Accountancy. Do not assume that a school is right for you until you have received more information from your state board. This is especially important if you plan to become a CPA.

Here is an example for the state where I live: Board of Accountancy Washington State. For my state, the Board recognizes online schools if they have accreditation from their list of agencies. Every state will have a similar website and every state has its own requirements.

Two-Year Accounting Degrees

Two-year (AA) degrees are offered at many community colleges, technical schools, and online colleges. You might get a job as an accounting clerk in a large company or as a bookkeeper at a small company with this degree.

Before signing up for a school make sure that the degree is in demand where you live. Talk to career advisors at your local community college and at various online schools. Ask for the percentages of graduate placements. Ask if they teach hands-on experience with the latest business software. Find out if your credits will transfer to a 4-year degree.

You should also talk to:

• the Human Resource departments of companies where you might work
  • people at employment agencies, like Kelly or Manpower, to see if they have need of temp employees with these AA degrees in your area

Online Schools or Regular Residential Schools

After doing online research, I believe that a residential school, where you attend actual classes, may be your best option unless you are a very motivated student who is comfortable learning on your own. However, I know that you may not be able to attend "normal" classes because you have other commitments or you live too far away. I would not sign up for anything until I had talked to an advisor at a community college. Then I would talk to a counselor at a local 4-year school to verify that my online credits would be transferable.
More info at the Assignment Writing Help.

If you live too far away from these schools to have an on-campus meeting, get more information by phone or by email. And, double-check the information from this article, because online schools are being added or changed all the time. There is a huge demand for schools that accommodate working students.